Questions for discussion - Genesis 3
Genesis 3 contains the details of an event that has repeated itself numerous times throughout history.
Adam and Eve (mankind) have been given the whole earth as their domain. They must feel on top of the world - literally they are. Everything is going fine.
How often have we felt as if all is well?
- You are certain of your salvation
- Home work and health are doing fine
- Your prayer life and study of the Word is average; at least by your own shifting standards
- You have completely justified all your shortcomings and failures as normal Christian life
And then along comes the tempter and brings you down on your face. Before you know it you find yourself hiding behind ?trees? from the presence of God Genesis 3:8.
How can we overcome temptations?
1. What is the source of our temptations?
James 1: 12-18
2. What does satan hope to achieve by tempting us?
1 Peter 5:8, John 10:10
3. What are the three weaknesses mentioned here that satan uses to tempt us?
1 John 2: 15-18, Luke 4: 1-11
4. What were the consequences of sin in the lives of the following people?
David and Bathsheba - 2 Samuel 11:1-6, 13-18
The Israelities - 1 Corinthians 10: 1-13
Ananias and Sapphira - Acts 4:32-37, 5: 1-11
Ammon and Tamar - 2 Samuel 13: 1-14
5. What should we do if we fall when tempted?
1 John 2:1, Hebrews 4: 15-16
6. What did Adam and Eve do when they fell into sin?
7. What does it mean to be Holy?
Exodus 3: 1-5, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Notice that Exodus 3 contains the first reference to holiness found in the bible.
8. How can we live holy lives?
John 1: 11-12, 1 John 4:4, 2 Peter1:4
9. What temptations do we face in our societies today and how can we overcome them?