Nick Stinnett, Ph.D, carried out a study on 3,000 families that rated themselves very high in regards to marriage happiness and satisfaction in parent-child relationships.
The families were asked a several questions regarding relationships within the family, including: How do you deal with conflict?
In this family strengths research project, families from South America, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and South Africa were studied. The final analysis found six main qualities in strong families.
1. are committed to the family
2. spend time together
3. have good family communication
4. express appreciation to each other
5. have a spiritual commitment
6. are able to solve problems in a crisis