Faith in God
This study is designed to help you build up your faith by studing it directly from the Bible.
Read the following Bible references. They are references to how different people used their faith. You will notice the steps they had to take in order to receive their answers, and in some cases the obstacles they faced. In some occasions the answer to their faith did not manifest immediately.
The questions that follow below the Bible references will aid you in meditating on the scriptures. Try and answer the questions for each of the Bible references.
- Mark 11:12 - 14
- Mark 11: 20 - 25
- Luke 7: 1 - 10
- James 5: 13 - 18
- Matthew 9: 18 - 26
- Luke 5: 18 - 26
1. What practical steps did the person take to demonstrate his or her faith?
2. What obstacles (if any) did the person encounter?
3. What was the out come of the person's faith?
4. Was there a time lapse between the person's demonstration of faith and the answer to the prayer.
5. What is the relationship between the Word of God (or in some cases the knowledge of God's power) and faith in God?
Only read this section after completing the study.
The prayer of faith is rooted in our confidence on God's Word. The woman with the issue of blood (Matthew 9) knew that touching Jesus would get her healed. Her faith gave her the strength to press through the crowd.
When you are sure that what you are praying for is God's will for you, the prayer of faith can be employed. Unforgiveness (Mark 11: 25) and doubt (James 1: 5-8) are the two greatest hindrances to the prayer of faith.