| Author: Dele Oke
Bible study - How to pray
1. How can we get right with God?
2. When should we ask God to forgive us?
Hebrews 4: 15-16
3. What does it mean to forgive others?
Use the following teaching of Jesus to bring out some practical examples?
Matthew 18: 21-35
4. How often should we pray?
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-17
5.What steps can we take to have a constant time of prayer with God? Please share some practical examples?
6. How can the following things help in our prayer times. Please give practical examples for each?
- Reading the Bible silently
- Reading the Bible aloud
- Praying silently
- Praying aloud
- Praying in tongues
- Praying with a group of people
- Praying with your partner
- Praying with a friend
- Praying with all your family
- Praying desperately when you need something
- Praying and fasting
- Praying with a cup of tea
- Praying with the television switched on in the background (but with the volume turned down low so you can still hear God just in case He wants to speak)
- Praying silently on your bed with your eyes closed after a hard days work
7. When is the best time you find it to pray?