1 Samuel 9 - 1 Samuel 10:1
Saul is anointed king
Please read the whole of chapter 9 before starting the introduction
Saul's father's donkeys had gone astray. Saul was assigned the task of finding them. A servant was also dispatched to assist Saul. In those days donkeys were vital. Not only were they a reliable means of transport but also represented wealth and status. The more donkeys you had the richer you were.
However God had another plan. Saul set out looking for donkeys and ended up being anointed the next king of Israel (1 Samuel 10:1). It had all been pre-planned by God.
God has a plan for your life also. He brought you to this bible study so as to teach you something. Will you be able to discover what it is?
1. Do you think God has ever used circumstances to get you to a certain place or teach you anything?
2. Whose idea was it to go and see Samuel?
3. Was going to see Samuel a 'godly idea or silly idea'?
4. Does God drop thoughts or ideas into our minds today?
5. Have you ever had a godly thought dropped into your mind?
6. Did Samuel know before hand that Saul would be coming to see him?
7. Does God still tell people in advance about things that will happen in the future?
8. Mention the different ways in which God spoke to Samuel, Saul and his servant in this story?
9. In what other 'indirect ways' does God speak or lead us?
10. Mention some of the things you have learnt from this study?
11. Discuss some of the things you have learnt from the past studies from Samuel. I am sure you have not forgotton.